L no.2 – ‘Lemme Tell You…’
No, really. Let me tell you.
Here are three audio surveys that were floating around on Tumblr about a month or two ago.
The first, ‘The Accent Meme’, has nothing to do with Paganism or Witchcraft, but it’s a fun ice-breaker, so I’m including it. The other two are written by a fellow Tumblr blogger, Asksecularwitch.
‘The Wickedly Witchy Audio Surveys’ are not short (both, roughly around 20 minutes), so don’t start them until you know you’ve got the time to listen! Haha! I apologize for the rambling, and encourage you guys to point out any mistakes I’ve made, or to discuss, in the comments, anything you think needs to be explored more deeply or corrected!
Again, thank you guys for being so understanding about my absence; I thought this would be a fun way to get back into the swing of things!
The Accent Meme:
- What’s your name and username?
- How old are you?
- Pronounce the following words: Aunt, Roof, Route, Theater, Iron, Salmon, Caramel, Fire, Water, New Orleans, Pecan, Both, Again, Probably, Alabama, Lawyer, Coupon, Mayonnaise, Pajamas, Caught, Naturally, Aluminium, GIF, Tumblr, Crackerjack, Doorknob, Envelope, GPOY.
- Is it cold where you are?
- What is your favorite color?
- Do you have freckles?
- When is your birthday?
- What was the last thing you drank?
- Would you rather: Have a million dollars or a million friends? Eat a taco or a quesadilla? Be a shark or an elephant?
- Do you speak a second language? Say something in it.
- Where do you live? Where do you wish you lived?
- Read the following words: Abrasion, Charm, Cinnamon, Demeanor, Elixir, Epiphany, Fermented, Heterodox, Iniquity, Labyrinth, Leisure, Mannequin, Mermaid, Pandemonium, Phoenix, Quidditch, Quintessential, Spice, Talisman, Unicorn, Warfare, Whiskey, Winter, Zest.
- Which do you say?: Chips or crisps? Jam or jelly? Rubbish or trash? Elevator or lift? Soda or pop? Pants or trousers? Taxi or cab? Mobile or cell phone?
- Do you have a phobia? If so, do you know its scientific name?
- Read the following tongue twister: Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers. A peck of pickled peppers Peter Piper picked. If Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers, where’s the peck of pickled peppers Peter Piper picked?
- What is it called when you throw toilet paper on a house?
- What’s the bug, that when you touch it, it curls into a ball?
- What do you say to address a group of people?
- What do you call the kind of spider that has an oval-shaped body and extremely long legs?
- Be a wizard or a vampire?
- What color are your eyes?
- What do you call gym shoes?
- What do you call your grandparents?
- What do you call the wheeled contraption in which you carry groceries at the supermarket?
- What is the thing you change the TV channel with?
- Do you think you have an accent?
- Do you know anyone on Tumblr in real life?
- End audio post by saying any THREE words you want.
Wickedly Witchy Audio Survey – pt.1
SecularWitch: These are more or less directed at witches, if you’d like to do this as a pagan feel free to edit the questions or direct them towards a more pagan slant. 🙂 Just remember that this was orientated towards witches.
1. What is Witchcraft?
2. I heard that witches are anti-Christian, what is that about and are you?
3. Can you define what magic is?
4. Why do I see a lot of commentary about the roles of gender in Witchcraft?
5. How do you view death?
6. How do children play out in your witchcraft?
7. What is a ‘real’ witch?
8. How do you tell if someone is a witch?
9. What is the difference between a good witch and a bad witch?
10. Do you need really ornate or expensive tools in order to perform witchcraft?
11. Do you have an altar?
12. Are you scary (as a witch)?
13. Can you explain what the Astral Plane is, or what the word ‘astral’ means?
14. If I wanted you to do a spell for me, how could I get you to do it?
15. I looked up a spell but it said I needed to put some type of Oil on a candle. What does that mean and why are there all these different oils?
Wickedly Witchy Audio Survey – pt.2
“Back for the Majik!”
SecularWitch: As always, this survey is directed towards a Witchcraft slant. You can put this as a pagan slant, but it is originally for witchcraft.
- Is there any method to see if someone’s done witchcraft against you?
- For books on witchcraft – how can you tell if an author is a good author?
- Can witchcraft raise the dead?
- Do witches fly on brooms?
- Are male witches called ‘warlocks’?
- Why are there all these sites that keep saying that witches follow the Threefold law?
- Why do people keep interchanging witchcraft and wicca?
- Is witchcraft a religion?
- Do divinations really work?
- What are the Burning Times?
- Why do some witches work naked?
- Are there any rules in witchcraft?
- Do you have to be in a coven to be a witch?
- Where can I find Witchcraft spells?
- Isn’t there animal sacrifices in witchcraft?
If anyone else would like to take part in these surveys, make a Soundcloud account, or even do them by video on YouTube. You can answer them with text, of course, but where’s the fun in that?